Harms Oil Company proudly serves hundreds of customers throughout the upper Midwest with a fleet of more than 100 transport trucks supplying gasoline and diesel fuels, lubricants, industrial chemicals, and propane.
The transport driver is responsible for loading, transporting and delivering these products to customers by driving to and from designated locations, verifying loads on shipping papers and maintaining records of duty status according to state, federal, and company regulations.
- Drive truck to and from destinations for up to 11 hours and maximum on duty of 14 hours total as DOT rules allow.
- Load appropriate products and ensure appropriate quantities at pipelines. Verify bill of lading matches gallons and supplier data.
- Unload products at customer locations; ensuring product is placed in correct tanks and in accurate quantities. Accurately record transaction on drop tickets.
- Inspect truck for safe operating conditions before, during and after trips. Submitting a written report on the trucks condition at the beginning and end of eat trip.
- Maintain records required for compliance with state and federal regulations including driver’s record of duty status, mileage records, and other records required by law.
- Must possess a valid Class A CDL with Tankers & Hazmat endorsements.
- Must have previous commercial driving experience.
- Must meet or exceed medical standards of the U.S. Department of Transportation.
- Must pass drug and alcohol tests.
- Must be able to sit and remain alert while driving for an aggregate period of up to 11 hours.
- Must be able to meet physical duties required, lift and pull hoses and equipment weighing up to 50-100 lbs.
Competitive Wages, Health Insurance Benefits, 401K, Profit Sharing, Paid Vacation, and Truck Equipment Provided
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/D/V.